I'm drawing a line. On one side is this girl who spent over a year without any creative expression. On the other side is the new me: jumpstarting my creativity by doing a 15 minute drawing a day. I consider these drawings pump primers. They are not the goal, but are the pathway to a more creative life.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Early on, I could tell that my heart just wasn't in this one.  But what could I 
do?  If I knew I wasn't going to be happy with the outcome, how should I proceed?
I decided to just keep going and "have fun with it."  I asked myself if I haven't been having fun lately, and the answer was that I have been having fun.  I've just also been more focused than I was tonight.  I'm trying to do too much.  And I didn't allow my project enough space in my mind to really settle down.
And so you can see the result.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fun drawing. I like it. Maybe it is true, this doesn't seem you had a plan or image in your mind. But I sense some kid-like playful feeling in this drawing.

    ReplyDelete