I'm drawing a line. On one side is this girl who spent over a year without any creative expression. On the other side is the new me: jumpstarting my creativity by doing a 15 minute drawing a day. I consider these drawings pump primers. They are not the goal, but are the pathway to a more creative life.

Thursday, January 13, 2011


I have a confession to make.
The idea for this drawing came to me as I was trying to fall asleep last night. 
Usually, when I start thinking about what to draw next, I try to distract myself in order to ensure that my drawings stay spontaneous.  But I decided to just see what it felt like to act on the inspiration that comes to me at odd moments, when I'm not drawing.
I actually enjoyed drawing out my idea, for the most part.  It really felt just like it does when I don't know where the drawing is going.  But when I had gotten as far as my vision had gone, and still had to fill in the rest of the drawing area, I struggled a bit.  And I don't like the solution I came up with.  
Not sure if this is a cause and effect situation, or merely the inevitable happening.  I mean, I can't believe that I will always like what I draw, whether it is pre-planned or purely impulsive.  And, like I've said before, it's the process that's important, not the finished product.  So my liking it is irrelevant.  
Anyway, lots to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting thought.
    I like this peas in a pod(it's just me thinking...). I want to draw lines to make the peas smile (^_^)

    ReplyDelete